Hello and merry christmas to all you brilliant artists on this odd little site!
I'm looking for a character artist as mentioned above to work on character designs related to a webseries which is in the early planning phase. I'm hoping to give one of you lesser-known artists a shot for three reasons; 1. is because I usually have great results from the "hidden gem" artists I've hired in the past. 2. is because it feels great to help fledgling artists fill up their portfolios (and their wallets, of course!). 3. Is because they don't charge 400 bucks per sketch.
This being said, I am on a budget, and would like to keep things below 30USD (28EUR, 25GBP, 1800R, etc.) per character if at all possible. I may, however, contact you in the future for shading and coloring! I'd just like to get as many of the cast drawn out as I can as soon as I can.
An art style I'm quite in love with from the perspective of texturing models (as I do plan on doing this in 3d, not live action) is definitely semirealistic cel shaded. If you're good at working with that style, PLEASE APPLY!
Just to clarify, in case my multiple mentions of 3d modelling confused any of you, I'm not looking for models.
Here's some setting and style information for this project;
- Cel-shaded realistic is the preferred style. I'm aware I'll probably be going for B&W sketches, and I'm also aware that cel-shading is a coloring style mostly. I hope I'm not being confusing ;-;
- These characters live in a sci-fantasy setting. Expect both battlesuits and sorcerers in the mix. For those of you who can't draw mechs, I can confirm there are exactly zero mech pilots in the cast!
- Some characters in the roster have slightly grotesque traits, being infected by the Blight. I'll go into detail about this once I hire you, but think zombieitis.
- A wide variety of ages exist, mostly because of flashbacks. You'll probably wind up drawing characters as youngsters, adults, and elders in some cases.
- I despise unnecessary oversexualization of female (and male, but females usually get the boob armor treatment more than males get the unnecessary codpiece treatment!) characters. You can't take a female soldier seriously if she's wearing a metal bikini of a "hazmat suit", after all.
- Not everyone is human in this universe. Quite a few of the characters are different races, though I've got generic references for them all on hand.
-Humans; Well... I think you know what humans look like. Just a gut feeling.
-Ma'arani; The evolutionary ancestors of the human race. Hailing from Mars, Ma'arani look very similar to humans, though they have rather large eyes, a lighter frame, and have extremely pale skin. With enough makeup, a Ma'arani can easily pass for a human.
-Zhaekileans; Their origins are unknown, as they are a highly xenophobic people. A sapient insectoid race, Zhaekileans are almost eternally on life support in order to survive on planets with significant gravity. While they have a very slim stature, they are surprisingly strong thanks to their very dense muscle structure and their near- zero body fat content.
-Cladorians; Like Zhaekileans, the origins of the Cladorian race are unknown, even to Cladorians. Cladorians strongly resemble lions, and have a tendency to run around on all fours. They originally lived on the closest planet to the star Makida II, and have adapted to living in very hot temperatures.
-Somai'i; The Somai'i are a race of reptilian hunter gatherers. While they have a rather fearsome appearance, culturally they are very pacifistic and shamanistic.
-Don't worry, I've got much better descriptions of each.. and for all but one, I even have generic references, as mentioned.
- Your projects won't be dropped on your head all at once, I'll give you characters one or two at a time. This is so that I can actually pay you for your work in a timely fashion! I hate to keep artists waiting for their paycheck. It makes me feel like a terrible person.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE A PROJECT FOR YOU, PLEASE DROP ME A NOTE OR A REPLY INCLUDING YOUR PRICE GUIDE, AND IF POSSIBLE SOME OF YOUR PAST WORK.
PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL.